Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

GO ENGLAND - GO WIMBLEDON

Australia is out of the World Cup as of last night. According to the Australians I know (i.e. my husband) they were cheated by bad refs. Shame.

And Wimbledon was rained out yesterday. They were only able to play for 45 minutes, and the club rule is that if there is less than 1 hour of play they will give full refunds. So they had to refund 1 million pounds worth of tickets - WOW! I was thinking - if England plays in the world cup on Saturday - maybe we should go queue up for Wimbledon that day. I wonder if most people will be glued to their tv sets instead of wanting to stand out in the hot sun to watch tennis. Hmmmmmmm

Also, according to the newspaper this morning London is now the 5th most expensive city, behind Moscow, Seoul, Tokyo and Hong Kong. HOWEVER, I don't agree with the rent they listed for a '2 bed luxury flat' in London - I think it's actually MUCH higher than that. After looking at 60 flats while looking for a new place to live, I have a good idea of prices and I think the article really underestimated the rental prices in London. I know for sure that you wouldn't be able to get a luxury 2 bed flat for that price! The prices for public transport and a lunch of a burger and fries were also the highest for London out of the list. Interesting.

3 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger A Novelist said...

Congrats on Australia advancing in the World Cup! If you do get tickets to Wimbledon, please post a blog about it! :)

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger A Novelist said...

OH NO! I'm sorry, I just saw that Australia is out of the World Cup! Oh no! Again, I'm sorry. I misread your blog and haven't been following the latest news. :(

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, we were rated the second worst health system in Europe today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker