Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Everyone please cross your fingers for Tim Henman!!!

Poor Tim Henman, he has played at Wimbledon 15 times, and STILL never got further than the second round. He really has terrible luck as well - today he has to play Roger Federer who is ranked number one. Apparently Tim has beat him 6 times before, but that was years ago. I'm starting to feel about Federer the way I feel about the Williams sisters, I'm sick of watching them ALWAYS win - and I'm hoping they lose. Since only Venus is playing this year I don't think that'll be a problem, but it will be interesting to see if there's anyone good enough this year to beat Federer. I definitely want to go one evening after work and try to see a match! Now we just need to pick a day and DO IT!

Ahhhh in other exciting news I finally have become part of the ipod generation. I bought a used ipod mini (because they don't even sell those anymore!). It's pink & little & cute and I love it:) I didn't want to spend a ton because the only thing I'll use it for is running - at the gym - and at the 10k I'm running on Sunday. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 4 days away - holy cow - I am NOT ready. But, I am convinced that by listening to good music I will be motivated to not worry about the fact that I didn't train enough:)

Thus, tonight - off to the gym to run some more!!!

Oh - and last night while channel surfing I realized we has missed the first 10 minutes of the OC finale!!!! Shame Marissa (I can't seem to remember her real name right now) already blabbed to the press months ago what was going to happen. I won't say here though - cause I believe Australia is quite a few episodes behind us. It wasn't a great end of the season though, not nearly as much action as I think there should have been. Oh well.

10 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger andrea said...

You will love the ipod - and I can only imagine will make your race go by much more quickly on Sunday! Good luck!

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually Henman made the semi-finals of Wimbledon in 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002 so he definitely has gone past the 2nd round. :)

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/bios/ms/atph336.html

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Monique said...

Ahhhh yes you are correct, I guess I read incorrectly somewhere. I rechecked the paper I read this morning and it says he reached the quarter finals in 2001 and that he's a 4 time semi-finalist at Wimbledon! I like Tim - I hope he does well!!

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger A Novelist said...

I can't live without my iPod...and I love taking mine to the gym. :)

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger City Slicker said...

like your site
and hoping the best for Henman as well, he gets a rough ride here
Cityslicker

 
At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Correction, you are only allowed to cheer for Andy Roddick or James Blake. Thank you, that is all.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Monique said...

ha ha ha

will do Marcus

I'm am cheering for Roddick too - I like him!

I've never heard of James Blake though?

Oh well, we all know Henman will lose anyhow:(

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck to Tim Henman! And enjoy your new iPod. It seems like once you start listening to one you will wonder how you ever survived without it.

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry Tim lost. But he's always gracious in defeat!

 
At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rodger and Lleyton breeze through...Andy just gets there. Will be interesting...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker