Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Ahhhhh Life is Good

I sit writing this up in Northern Minnesota with a cup of coffee in my hand and a view of the gorgeous Brainerd countryside.
After a VERY long journey (18 hours from the time we left work to the time we landed in Minnesota) we made it here. Jet lag is still kicking my butt - we both woke up at 4am this morning - thinking we had slept through to the afternoon. Hmmm apparently not.
Of course on our third and final flight, our luggage didn't make it, so we had to wait on Saturday until our suitcase was delivered. It finally arrived at 1:00 in the afternoon and was filthy. I guess not only did they forget to put it on the right plane, they also rolled it around in the mud - thanks!
It's good to be home. My dog is all grey in the face - she looks so old! But was happy to see me, I think she recognises me still? My sisters look mature and so grown up and pretty. Mom and Dad and Grandma look good - was great to see everyone.
Right now we're up North visiting with our friends and staying at their fantastic house. We enjoyed a great huge steak last night for dinner and tonight we're off to go out on the boat (if it hopefully doesn't rain!!!).
Tomorrow we're off bright and early to drive up to meet the rest of the group to drive up to WAY Northern Minnesota for the house boat trip. Our vehicle is packed with all the dry goods - wow it takes a lot of food to feed 14 people for 5 days! I just hope it doesn't rain the whole time, fingers crossed. The weather here is a bit chilly - about 15c (60f), but it doesn't matter - it's the people we're glad to see!!!!

5 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Aaaack! Come back already - I'm bored :) Seriously...Have fun!!!!!

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger A Novelist said...

Have a great time during your visit home... :)

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Erren said...

Hi Monique,
I hope you have a wonderful trip home! I'm so jealous!
Be safe,
Erren (pond-hopper.com)

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi... via ExpatBlog. Mmmm, am so jealous of you! From Brainerd-area myself, and am missing the 60 degree days! Make sure to stop at Target and Best Buy for me, even though you have no idea who I am. Have fun up north!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Writer and Nomad said...

hi, your blog is great! just stoppping by through a link i found on traveller one's blog. i am definitely jealous of your dual citizebship. was that a difficult thing to attain?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker