Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The wheels on the bus go round and round

That song popped in my head this morning.

I still haven't figured out the best way to get to work from this new flat. Yesterday & today I walked to the bus stop (about an 8 minute walk), which is kind of annoying because the bus stop is ON the bridge and the wind messes up my hair! I ride the bus to the tube station, hop on the train for half an hour ride then get on another bus that takes me straight to work.
The work bus is fine, but I really am starting to dislike riding the city bus. It's so crowded, and the traffic makes it take longer than it should. Also, because I am used to a fairly empty train in the morning, the bus gives you SO much less personal space.

Tomorrow I'd like to try the way that Murray went yesterday, although that means I'll have to leave the house 10 minutes earlier (eeekkkkk I am SO not a morning person)!
Walking from our place along the lovely river path to the tube station (same one I get the bus to - Hammersmith) takes about half an hour - only about 10 minutes more than public transport. I couldn't bear to do that today though because I am a little dressed up & I have heels on because tonight I am going the ballet tonight!!!!!!!!!!!! Not only that, this is also the first time I have will have been to the Royal Opera House - I can't wait!

Anyhow, I digress, must say over & over to myself today
'Walking is good for you, the river walk will be good exercise and a better way to get to work'
Hopefully I can convince myself by tomorrow.
It would help if the weather would improve so it's not so chilly in the morning!!!!

However, I did take a new side street to get to the bridge today - I just love exploring a new area - there are so many cute shops & restaurants I can't wait to try out!

2 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Kim said...

hey are you thinking of going to the London GTG? mark and i are over at FIL's that weekend (june 24) so I could go for a few hours. But I never really talk to the girls on there but it would be fun to meet up with you, heather, and maybe andrea if she is over then.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Monique said...

HI Kim!
Yes, I think I will go. I don't really chat too much with those girls either, but there are a few I'd like to meet. I put it in my diary. Would be good to see you again too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker