Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Thursday, May 18, 2006

The plane spotters are out!

I saw half a dozen plane spotters down near Heathrow airport today while waiting for my bus. On arriving at work I was reminded that today is a historic day for Heathrow - the Superjumbo A380 Airbus lands here for the first time today. I can NOT belive there are already plane spotter with their binoculars poised at 8am though, it doesn't land until 12:55 today! But I WILL be sneaking outside for a few minutes to watch it land - we are expected to have a great view! I work on the building site for Terminal 5 - which is situated at the end, between the 2 runways.
I read that this plane costs $300 million US each! And can seat 555 people, and has 3 stories - And 129 have been ordered already. WOW!


1 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I realise this probably makes me sound like a plane fanatic, but the superjumbos really are amazing. Who could have dreamed that so many passengers would all get to fly on the same aircraft at the same time. Just incredible!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker