Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Friday, May 12, 2006

First BBQ of the year - and it was FANTASTIC!

As our kitchen is still unfinished, our lovely friends invited us over for a BBQ last night. Murray impressed us with an eggplant appetiser, then they had tons of gorgeous beef, chicken & prawns and some yummy grilled veggies - SO good! It felt great to sit outside to eat, we are SO jealous they have outdoor space - one thing we have never had in London, oh well - the park will have to do!

I love BBQs - makes me feel like summer is really on the way!
This year if we buy one of those disposable bbqs though (that are really just an aluminium pan with coals & a grill top that you can use just once), we'll try and remember to remove the cardboard wrapping on the bottom BEFORE lighting it. Last summer we left a big black mark in our local park - opps! But I do remember the salmon steaks that Murray grilled were lovely - will have to do that again soon!
Another gorgeous day in London day, and it just figures - the weather is predicted to cool down again for the weekend :(

I checked on the kitchen this morning and it looks like they are just about done. Everything is in, now they just need to put up all the new tile. I REALLY hope they finish today. I'll bet you £50 though that they'll leave all their mess (dust & grime all over) for me to clean up - oh well!
BRING ON THE WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Kim said...

I am sooo jealous of your BBQ! Now I will have to talk Mark into doing one this weekend if the weather stays nice.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Heather said...

It was so nice to sit outdoors all evening! I'm still tasting that yummy filet :-)

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BBQ-ing on Rainy Lake will be equally as enjoyable (maybe the water will be cold, but the weather should be perfect)! Love you!

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Miss Kim said...

What a nice blog!
I'll add a link to you on my own. Maybe you'll come 'visit' it sometime :)
Kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker