Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Finally - some pictures from the weekend

Abigail chilling out in her push chair



Enjoying a 'baby chino' at starbucks

Our kitchen BEFORE shot - empty and waiting to be ripped out

Kitchen AFTER shot - WOW does the room look big with nothing it it!

There is dust everywhere though, and now we are living off of takeaways until they finish.

Fingers crossed that actually happens by Friday as promised.

And finally, a quote I read this morning on the train 'One of the most awful things about London is there's all those people and no-one to talk to just when you need to pass the time of day and make sure your powers of speech are still intact. You go down to the Kensington 7-Eleven for a Guardian and all they do is grunt and look as if they're about to call the police if you so much as comment on the weather.'

I just found that to be so strikingly true, as I sat on the tube carefully trying to stay within my own space, and getting upset that the lady next to me had a bit of her arm in my area. I ride on the tube nearly 3 hours a day and go to the gym and I am really surprised when someone speaks to me! Coming from a culture where we do chat to strangers, I find myself sometimes thinking 'Wow, I really have been in London too long' when I desperately want to shush the few tourists chatting on the train in the morning - cause I'm trying to read my paper darn it! But don't get me wrong, I love living in London. It's a fantastic city with tons of history, culture, itteresting people, gorgeous parks and great shopping!

2 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger Kim said...

That is one of the many reason I doubt I can ever surrive living in London. I enjoy talking to strangers.

 
At 4:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most parts of Australia are super friendly and chatty but not so much in Sydney - we are a bit snobby here although tourists always say how friendly Sydneysiders are so maybe compared to other great cities, we are!

Oh, Abigail is gorgeous. I love how she is crossing her leg in the stroller. Very ladylike.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker