Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Blah la la la lovely

We saw Jason Mraz last night. Although I'm not a massive fan, I do really enjoy his concerts. Every time he sings once of his songs it is different. He does such a great job of mixing things up, and he really connects with the audience like no one else. He was on top form, and if it wasn't for the two - yes TWO opening acts, it would have been a perfect night. My back was killing me after a few hours in the queue and then what felt like a million hours watching bad supporting acts - but it was worth it!


In other news - it is still raining in London - where is the summer darn it!

And, thank goodness, I need not keep quiet anymore. WE AM GOING TO MINNESOTA TWO WEEKS FROM FRIDAY - YAAAAAY! Whew, that felt good. It was supposed to be a surprise for my Grandparents, but apparently the cat is out of the bag. That's ok though, I've almost slipped up so many times while talking to my Grandma that I'm glad we can just talk about it now.

Funny how quickly time flies. This time last year I was busy managing my wedding sweat shop. I had my sister-in-law Helen, my niece-in-law Lorraine, my sisters & my Mom all on full time duty. In one week accomplished SO much (along with my aunties, friends & Grandma too!). I just can't believe that was a year ago - wow! I don't miss getting up at 7am every morning to work on the guest list, but it really was great spending time with my family, my new family and our friends from Minnesota and abroad. We had SO many fun parties and the wedding itself was better then I could have ever imagined. I think on Sunday for our first anniversary we'll have to take some time out and sit down and watch the videos again. This first year has flown by - and it just gets better and better. I know I am so so lucky to have found this fantastic man:)

Now if we can just get all our junk moved into the new place on Saturday, then we can actually have all day Sunday to relax and celebrate one year of marriage!

1 Comments:

At 2:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Monique,
This is quite an interesting running diary of what is going on in your life in London. We are thrilled that you are coming home in June. I want to shout it to the world! Everyone was at our house today for Memorial Day and we were all talking about your returning home. Nobody but us have seen you since the wedding- a year ago. Just wish you could stay longer- the time will go by so fast. But we will take what we can get. It is fun to read your comments in the blog you created. See you soon. Love and Kisses, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker