Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Monday, May 08, 2006

Another I LOVE London weekend!

What a great weekend!

Friday night enjoyed yet another episode of American Idol.
I really don't think Paris should have gone (loved her take on that Prince song!). I didn't think she would win, but she certainly was not the worst performer of the evening. I'm still cheering for Chris to win though - he's such a great all around performer!

Saturday I had a great time babysitting. I took some wonderful photos, but I am not able to access them today - so will have to post them tomorrow.
I took Abby to starbucks for a chai latte for me and a baby chino for her (steamed milk).
She was just SO cute putting stickies (stickers) in her new magazine and sitting at her baby chino. Every time I see her it seems she has learned new words - so amazing!
We then spent 2 1/2 hours at the park and she really wore herself out! I was glad that when it was time to leave she didn't fight me & cry like last week. When I told her it was time to go she just stuck one more stickie on a tree then hopped up into her push chair - I was amazed!
Then we spent the rest of the afternoon with her spilling her lunch all over herself, and me scrubbing tomato stains out of her new white shirt. She somehow managed to not only drop her yogurt, but it got on her trousers, socks AND shoes on the way down!
Oh well, at least I gave her back to Mom with one clean thing - her newly laundered shirt!

The rest of the weekend was spent cleaning everything out of the kitchen. The new kitchen was delivered at 7:30 Saturday morning and filled the entire third bedroom! The guys arrive today to start installing, so last night we finished off packing everything up. What a pain! Shame that we'll only be able to enjoy the new flash kitchen for 2 weeks before we have to move!

And since I am not able to get any of my photos from this weekend right now, here's a picture my husband took from Henman Hill of the grounds at Wimbledon when we took a tour late last year. I'm really looking forward to the competition this year, it's the ONLY time of the year that I read the sports page of the paper daily! And since we live only 2 train stops away from the grounds, we really must make an effort to go and catch at least 1 day of the matches. We went once a few years ago, but I'd love to go again!

Oh - and of course the most exciting news of the weekend is that my American friend brought me a bottle of Kraft fat free ranch dressing back from the states - YAY! Thanks Heather:) I will be drowning my salad in it today - can't wait!



5 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When our fridge broke, the crying point came when the Ranch started to smell "off." A whole tube of it, wasted!

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Erren said...

Hi, you recently left a comment on my blog (pond-hopper.com) so I thought I'd pop over and check out your blog and say thank you for the lovely comment. It's wonderful when strangers reach out to let you know you're not alone and offer encouragement =)
Really good blog - keep it up and I hope you'll stop by from time to time and keep in touch!
Fellow expat,
Erren

 
At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Australian Idol Series 4 will hit our television in a few months when Big Brother has finished. I do love it! But it would be even better if we had Ryan Seacrest as the host, our baffoons are so relaxed (the Aussie way) that you wouldn't think they realised that they were on national television.

 
At 4:30 AM, Blogger andrea said...

I can't wait for Wimbledon - and I am even more excited since I can walk there!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Whoo-hoo! I got a shout out :) You may be returning the favor later this summer when I'm in dire need of some crunchy reduced fat peanut butter! And omg, the baby chino is cracking me up. How CUTE!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker