Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Ahhhhhh I love London and the simple things in life

I was just thinking back to my lovely walk home last night.
Because of the chemical spill at the gym (I'm still not sure what that was all about?), I decided instead to get some after work exercise by walking past our soon to be home to see how long it would take. I took the tube to Hammersmith, then hopped off and started wandering towards the direction of the river. I wasn't sure exactly which way to go, but I knew the general direction of the Thames, and thankfully I chose the perfect street. After a few minutes of walking it popped me out on the edge of the Thames just a few feet from Hammersmith bridge. That bridge is really SO lovely, it was built in 1897 and is so intricate and decorative, I think it is just gorgeous. After crossing the bridge I walked down to the 'Thames path.' I think the distance between that bridge and Putney bridge is about 2.5 km. That was when I gave up on walking quickly, and just started strolling and enjoying the scenery. It is SO green and gorgeous! There were people out on the river in kayaks and other boats quietly rowing along. Many bike riders and runners (who thankfully did not splash me!) and some really cute dogs. I smiled and said hello to one old man who had the CUTEST dog, a little dog that was furry & white and had a super long body. It was a funny looking little thing, but adoreable. I also saw some cute little snails, I even stopped to look at one that had a really pretty shell. I was going to take a picture of it, but then I saw a runner coming way and I felt like a dork! The walk really was relaxing though and a great wind down from 8 hours at my desk. Walking past our new place was exciting - I can't believe we'll actually be living there in 8 days! I'm excited to live in a new place, and explore a new area of Putney. Although it's only a 15 minute walk from where we are now, I think it will still feel like a whole new world - I'm excited to check it out! But I'm NOT looking forward to lugging all of our stuff up 2 flights of stairs:(
Oh - and it took 35 minutes to walk that route - good to know!

1 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger andrea said...

I am sure you are excited to move into your new place, that is always fun! I am leaving in almost 2 weeks to be over there and I haven't started packing at all, that is the worst part!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker