Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

7 Ferarris and a Crab

For our first wedding anniversary on Sunday (after a good sleep in!) we decided to go to 'The Big Easy - BBQ & Crabshack' in Chelsea. http://www.bigeasy.uk.com/
When Murray and I were overseas dating (i.e. he flew over for a weekend visit once a month for 2 years!) we went many many times for dinner at Joe's crabshack. I shared my love of crab legs with him, and it became our little tradition.
So, we thought it was fitting to visit a similar venue, but in London.
Chelsea is a very posh part of South West London, proven by the fact that while we were waiting for our food Murray saw 7 Ferarris go past.

We had a fantastic meal! For starters we tryed the calamari rings and jalapeno poppers. I had crab legs (of course) Alaskan King Crab - the meat was super thick & juicy - really really nice! Murray had the surf & turf (prawns and a ridiculously large sized steak).

Afterwards we rolled ourselves to the movies and saw XMen 3 - The Last Stand. I love that the last line of the movie was 'Way to go fluff head.'

Although we really would have liked to go away on holiday somewhere for our anniversary, it still a lovely day. It was nice to just spend time together and toast our anniversary with maragaritas and crab!

3 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger A Novelist said...

That place looks fun. Sounds like you had a nice, relaxing time alone together. :)

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Janet said...

I can't thank you enough for posting this item! After spending about half my life in Houston, I'm desparate for good crab here, and this sounds like the place to go! Any idea what the BBQ is like? I have to admit that I bring Austin's "Stubbs" BBQ sauce back with me when I go to Houston on business, and then John and I tend to make our own BBQ meals. But I'd like to find a good BBQ source in the UK also, if that's even possible.

You've made my day with this one!

Janet

(lordcelery.blogspot.com)

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Monique said...

Janet - we didn't try the BBQ but it looked & smelled nice!
If you're looking for good BBQ in London also try Bodeans. There is one that just opened in Fulham - and I think there are a few more scattered around the city. Their BBQ shreaded pork is fantastic!!! As well as the ribs & the steak! And they give you 2 home made yummy bbq sauces to use for your meal - worth a visit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker